Be part of a dynamic team dedicated to designing and manufacturing state-of-the-art LED lighting for today's leading architects and designers. SPI Lighting is a leading provider of commercial-grade luminaires—specializing in high-output indirect lighting, natatorium-rated lighting, and architecturally driven luminaires. All products are designed and built at our factory in Mequon, Wisconsin.
In this role, you will use your technical skills as a full-time resource for all internal customers: to include Sales, Process Engineering, Engineering, and Operations. You will be required to manage requests for electronic variations and determine the ability and feasibility to deliver on the requests of our external customers. This position is responsible for keeping the internal technology tools current with relevant emerging technologies that relate to the changing needs of the lighting industry.
- Use knowledge of current (and future) technology as well as costs, order size, complexity and physical parameters to make a determination related to the customer request
- Keep detailed documentation of findings and conclusions based on modifications made to the fixtures.
- As technologies are changed or improved, manage all internal details and ensure SPI Lighting specifications remain at competitive and manufacture-able levels.
- Maintain effective communication and revision management with suppliers on SPI Lighting-specific components.
- Work with vendors that provide off-the-shelf components to ensure SPI Lighting is using and designing to the latest versions of products.
- Ongoing R&D to be used to help maintain and keep “Standard Technology” building blocks that can be used at SPI Lighting for majority of designs and projects.
- R&D for specialized technologies that will mostly be used for Electric MOD Orders.
- Confirm system components and capabilities of 3rd party products to be used in finished SPI Lighting luminaires. Ensuring products confirm to industry standards, customer and SPI Lighting requirements for performance, life and general standards.
- Established guidance and training tools for working and designing with electronic and LED technologies here at SPI Lighting.
- Establish training and documentation for working and designing with standard electrical components used.
- Support Operations and Warranty with electrical troubleshooting issues that arise
- Stay current on lighting trends and technology advancements in lighting.
- Associate degree from two-year college or technical school OR one year related experience and training.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to develop proactive solutions
- Must convey a professional attitude and appearance daily
- Electrical Engineering focus is preferred
- LED Technology or technical lighting experience preferred
SPI Lighting Employment Application
All positions require a completed employment application to be submitted. Applications are reviewed on a confidential basis. Please complete and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
SPI Lighting, Inc.
ATTN: Human Resources
10400 N. Enterprise Drive
Mequon, WI 53092
Download Application Form (PDF)