SPI Lighting has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Engineer. This position is responsible for performing plant layout, cost reductions, efficiency improvements and other manufacturing engineering functions as requested.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s or associates degree with a minimum of 2 to 4 years of related manufacturing engineering experience. Prior experience with fabrication, plastic fabrication, paint operations and assembly line layout experience is desirable and knowledge of SPI Lighting product lines is helpful.
Our plant is clean, modern, and a great place to work.
- Manages special projects or new product designs of a complex nature as assigned by Operations Management
- Supports cost evaluation for product improvement, project management, estimating, and design cost reductions
- Utilize knowledge of fabrication, sheet metal parts, plastics, metal finishing, electrical wiring, design practices, drafting practices, and lighting design to support operations
- Generates detail and assembly drawings in 3-D using computer assisted drafting (CAD) software
- Works to improve manufacturing efficiency
- Acts as an information resource for customer service, purchasing, assembly, suppliers, and other departments regarding design and assembly questions/issues
- Evaluate production and assembly methods of new and unique products to improve flow and reduce waste
- Reviews part accuracy and rejects or accepts parts as necessary
- Issues engineering change notices when necessary and updates related drawings
- Assist in standard product and pilot run BOM verification. Verify design intent and work order accuracy. Reviews and corrects BOM and design errors found on Work and Fabrication orders.
- Suggests and implements improvements to standard products and processes
- Initiates EC’s for improvements or fixes in the engineering change (EC) process
- Review EC requests to ensure they are complete and comprehensible
- Coordinate and communicates follow up on open EC’s to ensure timely completion
- Utilizes good document control procedures
- Publish regular updates on project status and EC efficiencies
- Maintain and update EC policies and procedures
- Maintain EC log, EC files, and EC e-mail systems
SPI Lighting Employment Application
All positions require a completed employment application to be submitted. Applications are reviewed on a confidential basis.
Please complete and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
SPI Lighting, Inc.
ATTN: Human Resources
10400 N. Enterprise Drive
Mequon, WI 53092
Download Application Form (PDF)