- Recruiting efforts to include working with hiring managers to determine needs, write ads, review resumes, conduct phone interviews, schedule interviews, write offers, as well as conduct references and background checks.
- On-boarding new hires to include conducting orientations, preparing and processing new hire paperwork, data entry and other steps related to the orientation process.
- Benefit administration to include enrolling, updating and terminating employees in various benefits, administering short- and long-term disability, administering and tracking FMLA, auditing invoices and ordering benefit cards.
- Recordkeeping to include maintaining various HR records such as employee information, I9s, drug screens, FMLA, Worker’s Comp, orientation and benefit materials.
Other duties include:
- Fielding and addressing employee concerns/questions/inquiries.
- Making changes, adjustments and updates to our HRIS and Payroll Systems.
- Scanning all documentation into our computer system.
- Coordinating postings, employee meetings and other events.
- Opening and addressing HR mail, as well as assisting with other HR activities as needed.
Once the above skills have been attained, further HR responsibilities will be added.
- Two years of HR experience that includes knowledge and hands-on experience with HR processes and practices, including employment law and regulations.
- College-level HR coursework and working towards attaining an HR degree if not already completed.
- Proficiency in MS Office and ability to learn other computer systems.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information, a strong sense of discretion and a willingness to do whatever it takes.
SPI Lighting Employment Application
All positions require a completed employment application to be submitted. Applications are reviewed on a confidential basis.
Please complete and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
SPI Lighting, Inc.
ATTN: Human Resources
10400 N. Enterprise Drive
Mequon, WI 53092
Download Application Form (PDF)