SPI Lighting is in search of a Sales Application Engineer. In this role, you will help customers achieve optimal lighting levels for their space by using your technical skills in modeling to perform lighting layouts and advise on product recommendations. Become an expert in our performance and configurable lighting systems. Interact with a wide range of stakeholders, including architects, sales representatives, and engineers, to ensure a thorough understanding of the building layout and end-customer needs. Create submittal drawings and answer technical questions about products and installation—playing a key role in the sales process.
Once an order is place, put your project management skills to work overseeing deadlines for approvals, communicating lead times, and ensuring everyone stays well-informed and projects stay on schedule. Solve problems as they arise in partnership with engineering, the factory, and management. Own projects from start to finish and get to see the results of your work-practical lighting installations that illuminate spaces beautifully.
- Studying industry standards and job specific lighting requirements
- Utilizing AGI32 computer software to run lighting application calculations to ensure light levels are achieved.
- Responding to inquiries regarding fixture specifications, ADA requirements, NEC requirements, IES Recommendations for areas, etc.
- Corresponding directly with sales representatives and specifiers regarding lighting applications or other questions.
(approximately 60% email/40% phone)
- Completing layout work and BOM’s for proposed fixtures, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole fixture.
- Developing and designing components in 2D and 3D software’s that are required to create modified versions of existing products.
- Developing cost estimates and price quotes based on customer / modification requests. .
- Providing technical information on all product lines to internal and externals sources as needed.
- Other responsibilities as applicable for the position.
- No travel is required.
- 2-5 years of applications engineering experience
- Knowledge of the Lighting Industry
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D software
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to develop proactive solutions
- Must convey a professional attitude and appearance daily
- 2-5 years of experience in designing and detailing, preferably in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD preferred
- Experience working with photometric software, Photopia and AGI32 preferred
SPI Lighting Employment Application
All positions require a completed employment application to be submitted. Applications are reviewed on a confidential basis. Please complete and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
SPI Lighting, Inc.
ATTN: Human Resources
10400 N. Enterprise Drive
Mequon, WI 53092
Download Application Form (PDF)