SPI Lighting is in search of a Sustaining Engineer who would be responsible for completing projects, ensuring communication to all involved internally and externally in the coordination and completion of projects in all engineering phases. This person would work within the EC process to define and complete project needs (such as UL compliance), idintify cost savings through design or process improvements, suggest/implement part consolidation or product performance improvements, and supervise an architectural lighting project from inception to production. We are proud to have all manufacturing under one roof at our beautiful facility located in Mequon, WI, just twenty-five minutes from downtown Milwaukee.
The ideal candidate needs to be thorough and detail-oriented with a strong engineering background in design, troubleshooting, BOM management, and designing for ease of manufacturing/assembly. Preferred experiences would include value-added engineering, new product development engineering, and manufacturing engineering. Good written and verbal communication skills are a must due to the amount of cross departmental projects that this person is expected to work on. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who can take direction well and run with it. The ability to manage multiple deadlines and seamlessly switch between projects is a must.
- Utilize knowledge of fabrication, sheet metal parts, plastics, metal finishing, electrical wiring, design practices, drafting practices, and lighting design to complete EC’s efficiently
- Support cost evaluation for product improvement, project management, estimating, and design cost reductions
- Manage special projects or new product designs of a complex nature as assigned by Sustaining Engineering Management
- Generate complete models as well as detailed assembly drawings in 3D using CAD software
- Act as an information resource for purchasing, assembly, suppliers, and other departments regarding design and assembly questions/issues on standard products
SPI Lighting Employment Application
All positions require a completed employment application to be submitted. Applications are reviewed on a confidential basis. Please complete and submit via email to email@example.com, or mail to:
SPI Lighting, Inc.
ATTN: Human Resources
10400 N. Enterprise Drive
Mequon, WI 53092
Download Application Form (PDF)